To be fair here, considering what system Maya had, it’s certainly a big
improvement.

Historically, AD have a track record of implementing a new feature/toolset, and
then building it up in subsequent versions. So is it finished, probably not by
a long chalk, but at least it’s a start. I guess we’ll see though.

It would be nice to have literally taken the system from Soft, but as always I
don’t think it’s that’s simple.  Soft and Maya work in different ways, and Soft
benefited greatly from the amount of work that Halfdan did to that system. (I
think recall Luc-Eric even saying how many lines of code it was.)

Even in this state, I’d still take the new Maya system over what I have to use
in Max, and that’s saying something. :(