Hi Andy,
just wanted to say thanks for the example showing possibilities for port names.

And I also noticed you can also name the regular subnet port names!

Titles have to be short, but are more than enough to give good clues.

Also because I think I can recall reading that paramerters inside subnets involves extra compilation time? (dont know specifics)

So now we have 'compounds' with custom port names, now how/why are we not seeing dozens of those everywhere?

In the many setups I opened from either example files or from forum users posting methods,
I haven't come across a single Vop net that had one. (or maybe I just didnt notice them?)

(always Vops making everything from scratch with factory low level nodes, or wrangle code )

There are experienced users asking if nested HDAs are possible, and responses have pointed to certain factory nodes.
    Is it common for Digital Assets to use Digital Assets?

While I was surprised it was even a question, and think it should be much more common.

Perhaps is it in regards to saving or retrieving custom nodes ? or is management difficult?

Could what is outlined in this thread be related?
   My Digital Assets aren't loading with the project

I guess what I'm wondering is -- despite libraries and HDA's -- how/why isn't encapsulation and distribution more common-ground,
especially after how long Houdini has been around,
or why are we not everywhere seeing within scenes, processes made of processes made by everyone?

And in you opinion, what could be preventing that, or what could be streamlined to promote that.

Thanks!,