MPC and PSYOP output some great work with Fabric Engine but in the end I
always felt it was too narrowly aimed at senior TD's with plenty of
programming experience. The success of ICE was fuelled by the compounds
that acted as a gateway drug to the inner workings. I thought maybe that
Kraken would develop into that gateway drug, but after seeing experienced
riggers feeling out of their comfort zone, soon realised it wasn't to be.

When Eric Mootz joined the team I thought maybe that would bring about
tools for technically minded artists who weren't necessarily TD's.

Whatever the reasons I feel for the FE team after all their hard efforts.
But I feel as one door closes others will open for them, folk with that
much talent don't remain jobless for long.