At 07:56 AM 1/16/04 -0500, Theodore Heise wrote:
cat tmp | formail -s sendmail theo

Apparently this must process the mail differently than the normal
receiving routine.  If I use "bounce" in Pine, the Bayes results are
approximately the same as before adding the new rules.  I don't
quite understand the difference, but would welcome any explanations
folks might care to offer.

Hmm, does formail wind up generating a new set of message headers?

Typicaly this is what happens..

If you want to relaibly retest a message as you make changes, don't email it anywhere.. instead, just run it through SA directly:

spamassassin -t < tmp

(note: the -t will force SA to generate a spam report, even if the message isn't over the threshold. The full report is quite useful when testing however)