On 19 Apr 2001 20:12:23 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> From: Argyle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>It's why only subscribers can appeal issues. Because if we let the
>>masses submit appeals, the system would be flooded with appeals about
>>innocent bystanders like whitehous.gov, senate.gov, financial reporting
>>sites, the environmental defense sites, health and wellness sites, etc
>>ad nauseum.
>>- Don D'Minion -
>
>But are they innocent?
Yes. At the bottom of each list of report address choices:
ATTENTION: Report only email addresses and web sites which you think
are used by the spammer.
If the spammer is using something, report it. If the spammer isn't
using something, reporting it is pointless. What could the innocent
bystanders do about accounts over which they have no direct control?
>The spammers are misusing the good names of the
>financial reporting sites and the environmental defense sites, etc., and
>the owners of those sites are not taking any action to prevent it.
How would *you* have the innocent bystanders prevent this?
The most effective way I can think of would be to send a report to the
responsible parties... isn't that what we already do?
>If any spammer mentioned my name, or the name of any domain I owned (if I
>would own any), giving the appearance that I might be associated with or
>endorsing his fraudulent product or service, I'd be on the phone to my lawyer
>very quickly.
Call your lawyer and ask for an opinion and tell us what s/he says.
It's better to be prepared before this happens.
--
AllenC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Rather obvious, isn't it?
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help