How 'bout this scenario?
My ISP is bellsouth.net. If I banned them from all reports, then if someone
ELSE from bellsouth.net spammed me, I couldn't report them, no matter how
hard I tried to do so.
--
Gary Henderson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Paul Coleman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
9bmfb2$k8k$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:9bmfb2$k8k$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> You know, the more I have to think about this the more it becomes apparent
> that my request is a must have. Perhaps you can explain why anyone would
> want to inform them selves or their own provider that you received a SPAM
> and you suspect your self to be the sender of the SPAM. This tool
provides
> a list of possible receivers of a SPAM report. It goes through logic to
> determine if the recipient should be pre-checked or not. It makes
> absolutely no logical sense at all to pre-check me or my provider as a
> recipient to notify them that I might be the sender of this SPAM. I am
now
> convinced that this should not be an option, it should be a mandatory part
> of the application. It should never pre-check a recipient of a report
that
> is either my domain or my provider on behalf of my domain period. Unless
> you all can give me a reasonable example of why anyone would want to do
> that, I am offering my new proposal. I am no longer asking that this be
> optional, I am asking that it be mandatory. The application should not
> pre-check the recipient if it is one of my domains or one of my providers
> because of one of my domains.
> Paul Coleman
>
> "dollface" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Paul Coleman wrote:
> >
> > >It appears you are and expert in doing this process. I must
> > >admit I am not, and I hope I never have to become one. I need
> > >every bit of assistance I can use. I have absolutely no idea
> > >what "larting" is or means. I can tell you one thing for sure.
> > > I resent being accused of "click-click-click and not pay
> > >attention anymore". There is absolutely no truth in that
> > >phrase. My suggestion still stands and in no way allows anyone
> > >to go "click-click-click and not pay attention anymore" to
> > >anything. I can't understand your resentment to my suggesting
> > >safeguards to help prevent mistakes. I would simply like to be
> > >able to have the option to not report to my Domian or any of
> > >the providers up the chain on behave of my domian. That does
> > >not give me or anyone else the abilty to go "click-click-click
> > >and not pay attention anymore".
> >
> > While you may have noble intentions, there are always those users
> > who will simply go click click click. To make such an option
> > available to one would mean making it available to all...and that
> > simply opens up too many Pandora's boxen.
> >
> > --
> > SpamCop user, not the admin. Ideas expressed are my own.
> > Please reply to group unless you have a specific issue with
> > me. Spam will be promptly and happily thwhacked with my
> > very largest mallet...
>
>
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help