>> I think you have repeatedly made your point.
>
> Yes he has, and he makes a good point that should be heard. Your argument of
> "RFCs aren't the law, and we can ignore parts of them if it suits us" just
> isn't true. RFCs are based on consensus, and ignoring the outcome of that
> consensus when it suits you is unacceptable for a WG chair.

Then I don’t think I have expressed myself in a way that has been understood by
you.

But he isn’t making a point that hasn’t been made many times before. I asked
him to argue his point in the context of the actual drafts in question, which I
believe he did not. The protocol police rhetoric used in the wider community
doesn’t appear to me to add value, rather create disruption.

I don’t see a need to continue this debate on meta issues, but since you framed
this as criticism of me in the chair role I found it required to reply.

Ole