When challenged by an AHJ for using riser manifolds with the flow switch
inches from the Tets & Drain valve I contacted the manufacturer (either
Potter or System Sensor I cannot remember which one) and was told there was
a 2' RECOMMENDATION but was not a requirement and as such did not violate
the listing. This was several years ago however.
Greg

Living Water Fire Protection, LLC
1160 McKenzie Road
Cantonment, FL 32533
850-937-1850
Fax: 850-937-1852


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of George Church
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 3:49 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: WATERFLOW SWITCHES

Sure you weren't thinking of a DPV or deluge?

There's not a sudden inrush of water above a Alarm check.

glc

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bill Minkel
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 6:39 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: WATERFLOW SWITCHES

I have been told that when the flow switch is too close to an alarm valve
the sudden flow can damage or tear off the vane. Just what I was told once,
notta clue if it's a valid concern 



_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

Reply via email to