In a 13R building the areas outside the dwelling units are required to be
designed to 13. So many confuse this and specify 13R for the residential
areas and 13 for others. I find this happens very often. You need to find
out if this was the intent of the specs. Personally, I'd say the building
should be 13. However, it is not my call or yours.

Tony 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Todd Williams
Sent: May 28, 2009 5:44 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: 13 & 13R - same building

I know this has been bantered around before, but I am still a little
confused. I have been asked to quote a building where the 1st floor is a
church and the upper 2 floors are apartments. The spec calls for the 1st
floor to be 13 and the upper floors 13R. To me this doesn't make sense since
13 is a property standard and 13R is life safety. Is there any situation
where this is allowed?

Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, Connecticut
www.fpdc.com
860.535.2080
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to