On the 13 & 13R issue the ICC Fire Code Interp Committee is currently
balloting on the matter.  While the question posed to the committee for
interp is slightly different than the scenario here the whole topic of
'hybrid' (John!!) buildings has gone around the track more than once.

I'm on the same page as John on this as he and I have discussed it at length
in our classes.  I look forward to the final action by the 13R committee on
the revised scope language to finally put this matter to rest.  If anyone on
the group gets word on the final action it would be appreciated if they
would pass it along so I can file it away for the next pedestal building or
mixed use project that comes along.

The 2002 edition use of the term 'predominant' use is a little too muddy for
me and has led to spirited discussions with owners and designers along the
way.  I'm all for putting a little black and white down on paper when these
issues come about.

Any takers for a proposal to ICC for a new use group - 'N' for NASA?  Seems
almost symbolic if the local AHJ in Florida would issue a CO for the space
station.  Like manufactured housing - made one place and installed elsewhere
but you have little control other than utility hookups and connections.

Dave,



_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to