Not so sound snooty or arrogant (which I am neither - I was a dumb baseball
player that was barely smart enough to become an engineer), I understand how
fluids behave in pipes, and I have done side by side hand calcs and computer
calcs for classes that I put on for AHJ's, the results were very similar.
My persistence to understand engineering principles is what I have to back
my last hand calc.  All I am saying is I would have a lot more faith in a
water delivery time program if it came from a reputable engineering firm
rather than a manufacturer of sprinkler equipment.       

Jim Johnston, P.E.
Fire Protection Engineer
Inland Fire Protection, Inc
1100 Ahtanum Road
Yakima, WA 98903
Phone 509-248-4471
Fax 509-248-1180
[email protected]


-----Original Message-----
From: Thom McMahon [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 1:42 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: DRY SYSTEMS FOR DUMMIES

For the same reason that they accept the Hyd. Calc programs output you send
them.FDT has the resources of the world's largest behind it, what have you
got backing up the last hand calc you did?

The math is too out there for any of us to follow, and since I've heard of
the results for trips vs. calc for this program is very, very close, from
the examples they've done, who would you rather have behind this product
than TYCO? Barney and Bills Fluid get there in the right time software?

http://www.sprinkcad.com/sprinkfdt.php 

Thom McMahon, SET
Firetech, Inc.
2560 Copper Ridge Dr
P.O. Box 882136
Steamboat Springs, CO 80488
Tel:  970-879-7952
Fax: 970-879-7926



-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jim Johnston
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 2:31 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: DRY SYSTEMS FOR DUMMIES

Sorry to be a pessimist, but why would a AHJ buy off on this calculated time
delivery versus seeing the real thing?  I can think of a number of instances
that the owner of this software has messed up before.

Jim Johnston, P.E.
Fire Protection Engineer
Inland Fire Protection, Inc
1100 Ahtanum Road
Yakima, WA 98903
Phone 509-248-4471
Fax 509-248-1180
[email protected]


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to