Another digression (slight ego serving, pardon)

We finished replacing those old dry pipe valves I wrote you guys about today
with new Vic's.
What I wanted to write you about was the compressor we installed but more an
optional device it had.
I got a 3 HP 60 Gal. vertical from Quincy, nice unit, set at 70 with
individual regulators to 13.
There was an option they had for an auto drain.  I opted for it and so glad
I did.
Many of you might already know these exist but it was new for me.  It fits
on the bottom of the tank and plugs into a standard 120 outlet.  You set it
to open for anywhere from every minute to every hour for anywhere from half
a second to 20 seconds.  This thing is great.  These valves are in a boiler
room next to a huge sectional Smith steam boiler that runs all year.  The
room was/is always humid, we always had a lot of water in the system and
would go there for a whole day every Fall taking it out in buckets.  I know
that we'll still have humid air being drawn into the compressor but while we
were running through the weekly Owner stuff with the Head of Maintenance and
showing her what to record and where to look, it dumped a few times.  I got
to thinking to myself, there will be virtually no water in this receiver
ever now with this little $150 valve.  We set it for once an hour for 2
seconds.  
Great!  Just thought someone might benefit from this if they didn't know
they're out there.
TD


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to