From: Pielow, Robert [mailto:robert.pie...@hdrinc.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 10:53 AM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: skylights vs. ceiling pockets

I do not believe NFPA 13 requires a sprinkler in either a pocket or skylight
that meet the prescribed limitations on size and dimension.  The recesses
are required to be separated by at least 10 feet so any delay caused by the
height of the pocket would not have an impact.  The sprinkler handbook
provides a good description of this condition.  It references skylights or
"similar pockets".

Robert J. Pielow, P.E.