What is the design standard - 13, 13R, or 13D?

Ed Kramer
Lawrence, KS

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Aaron
Peck
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 9:37 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: System Check Valve

It's a system acceptance.

A FDC is another valid point but the circumstances may be an over riding
factor.

I'm was going to ask the AHJ about that but haven't until I'm able to go
through the whole job.

There's another thing, the containers are connected to the underground via a
black plastic pipe aboveground. I'm getting the submittals on that pipe
tomorrow. And the underground has no way to be flushed or a pressure gauge
on the underground to do a pressure test.

Just another day and another project.



Sent from my iPhone
Aaron M. Peck, SET Fire Protection
Skype +1(202)407-9079
Cambodia +855(0)78700407

> On Apr 8, 2014, at 4:45 PM, John Denhardt <[email protected]>
wrote:
> 
> What type of inspection are you performing; NFPA 25 or system acceptance
per NFPA 13?
> 
> John
> 
> John August Denhardt, P.E., FSFPE
> Strickland Fire Protection Incorporated
> 5113 Berwyn Road
> College Park, Maryland 20740
> Office Telephone Number:  301-474-1136 Mobile Telephone Number:  
> 301-343-1457 FIRE SPRINKLERS SAVE LIVES - Can you live without them?
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] 
> [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
> Aaron Peck
> Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 8:21 AM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: System Check Valve
> 
> Hey group, this may be a dumb question but does a sprinkler system "need"
a check valve?
> 
> I have a situation where there's several containerized housing side by
side. Each container has it independent lead in and riser.
> 
> None of the risers have check valves, only a valve, flow switch and
test/drain valve. I'm doing an inspection and I'm not sure IF check valves
are necessary. I can't find anything in the code explicitly stating it needs
one.
> 
> Since it's feed from one source, I'm checking for a main check valve/ back
flow now, and since it's more of a horizontal multi-story building lol only
2 or 3 heads per floor. I don't think it's required.
> 
> And besides just acting as a valve to prevent water leaving the system
piping, I can't remember any other reason.
> 
> Sent from my iPhone
> Aaron M. Peck, SET Fire Protection
> Skype +1(202)407-9079
> Cambodia +855(0)78700407
> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkl
> er.org _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkl
> er.org
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to