Here are the suggestions that come to mind:

- You should either get rid of, or (preferably) expand/replace the
current top-level "table of contents". As it is currently, there is
only one useful link in there (API reference) and the table of
contents block waste way too much space for just one link. I liked the
old condensed table of contents which fit entirely on the screen
without scrolling.

- The vertical spacing between the <li> is slightly too large to my
taste, making for too much scrolling. I'd prefer a spacing roughly
equivalent to the old doc site. This issue might become mostly
irrelevant if the first one is fixed.

- Inside the "Object Relational Tutorial" section, the TOC is flat.
The hierarchical one was better IMO.

- The new API reference TOC is better IMO than the old one because it
doesn't include all the classes. I always took a few sec to find what
I wanted because there was too much information in there.
- On the other hand, I find the TOC *inside* API reference sections to
be lacking a reference to all public classes of the module, like there
was in the old system, for example at:
http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/05/sqlalchemy_schema.html

Btw: there is no TOC in api/sqlalchemy/Database schema.

--
Gaƫtan de Menten
http://openhex.org