Forgot to add that I can't see much reason for links to be given a
line-height that would be any different from the text that surrounds
them -- at least not on the TOC page.  That's why I felt free to scrap
the 'a' rule and put the 'li li' in the same spot.  If the 'a' rule is
necessary for other pages then my suggestion could be an addition
instead of a replacement.