On Mar 8, 7:46 am, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> Yes, this would be the 'normalised' form.  Something like
>
> artists: id, name, sortOrder
> songs: id, artistID, title
> plays: id, songID, playDate, playTime

Ok, between you and Larry's last post, it's starting to make a lot
more sense (except I don't intend to track "listeners"). I see now I
need separate tables for the artists and songs, but just a few
questions:

1. What is the sortOrder entry in the artists table you created?

2. Would there need to be an extra entries I should be aware of before
I begin, or is the table outline you created complete?

3. What is the purpose of the id entry for the plays table? Is it used
much, or is it just for completeness?

Thanks!