On 12 Jan 2016, at 11:56pm, Scott Hess <shess at google.com> wrote:

> If I am writing a client that can read SQLite databases, then I probably
> don't want your database to be injecting a bunch of arbitrary PRAGMA calls
> into my client.

It is, after all, the equivalent of an autoexecute macro.  And we all know how
good an idea that was.

Okay, folks, I'm with Scott.  If you want SQLite to execute a bunch of commands
when the database is opened write your own replacement for _open_ which opens
the file then reads commands from a table and executes them.  That way it
happens when you want it (in your software) and not when you're using the
command-line tool to debug problems.

Simon.