On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 2:39 AM, Simon Slavin <slavins at bigfraud.org> wrote:

> On 12 Jan 2016, at 11:56pm, Scott Hess <shess at google.com> wrote:
>
> > If I am writing a client that can read SQLite databases, then I probably
> > don't want your database to be injecting a bunch of arbitrary PRAGMA
> calls
> > into my client.
>
> It is, after all, the equivalent of an autoexecute macro.  And we all know
> how good an idea that was.
>
> Okay, folks, I'm with Scott.  If you want SQLite to execute a bunch of
> commands when the database is opened write your own replacement for _open_
> which opens the file then reads commands from a table and executes them.

You have in my opinion taken this out of context, and are assuming the
important part is the application, and not the data (i.e. database file).

In original idea was simply to associate with the database some essential
settings, which should have been such in the first place and aren't only
because of legacy reasons, and not arbitrary macros. Keith just got carried
away :) --DD