W dniu 09.11.2010 20:51, VANKEISBELCK Remi pisze:
> Let's go. It's been too long already. And if this layout thing
> actually turns out to be a disaster, well, we'll fix and re-release.

This does sound more like Microsoft relasing Windows (hey, we have
autoupdate, we'll fix it later or we'll issue an SP). I believe changes
as deep as those with layout engine should be tested and confirmed
working if we still want Stripes to be treated seriously.

Having said that, I have been using 1.5.x branch on my e-commerce app
where layouts are intensively used for CMS-related stuff and I have
noticed no fuckups after Ben's changes. But there have not been too many
without confirming (perhaps some synthetic suite of tests that check
edge cases?) it works for everyone is a good idea.

> The release process (apart from the whole website/news etc) is really
> straightforward with maven now, I don't see no showstopper.

If someone is happily using 1.5.3 and replaces it with 1.5.4 (so only
minor version increase) and it breaks horribly with strange templating
bugs, it IS a showstopper. Breaking things between minor releases is the
way PHP works, not serious Java frameworks.

> If anyone thinks we should wait, please speak up !

Up! ;-)