On Nov 9, 2010, at 4:31 PM, Samuel Santos wrote:

> Currently Stripes is not working with JBoss 6.
> This is a very serious issue to me.
>
> Shouldn't we try to fix it before releasing version 1.5.4?
> How much will we have to wait until version 1.5.5 or 1.6? Will they be out in
> time for JBoss 6 GA?
>
> We have 3 open issues related to this - STS-773, STS-775 and STS-776.

There are 97 open issues in the database. But I don't think there's any
expectation that they all be fixed for a point release, or any release for that
matter.

Whatever was done between .3 and .4 did not cause the issues you're having.
Arguably, it's a regression problem, but it's a regression on a new container.

As for when they will be fixed, or when .5 will come out, who can say. Such is
the nature of a volunteer project.

All that can be said is if .4 is cut and released, then whatever changes may be
made going forward for other bug fixes won't break the current release from the
website or the repos, and those who need the layout fixes can use the
"production" version rather than the "beta" version.

If you would like to tackle debugging the JBoss issue in the J6, perhaps
stepping enabling the debug log, stepping through some code, posting to the
JBoss forums and perhaps asking them why this "works every where else" and "not
here", etc., then perhaps a .5 can be cut with just the JBoss 6 fixes. Perhaps
you'll be able to give some feedback to the folks so they can go "AHA!" and fix
your bug sooner than later.

The dot releases are pretty much arbitrary. They happen when something is fixed
and the fixers and users are happy with the fixes and they don't want to open a
new can of worms on top of the stable code.

So, in that light, I say Ship It.

Regards,

Will Hartung