From: Michael Ruppin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 5:53 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: LookupDispatchAction problem

Great question.  You don't, which is why I did my own
dispatch Action which works off the existence of a
parameters in the request, not their value.  In other
words, I made a different form property for each type
of submission, and I check which are non-null.
Otherwise, you can't have two buttons with the same
label on a page, and translation of your messages
could cause methods to be unreachable.

There are other alternatives, if JavaScript is an
option for you.  For me, it is not.  Another
possibility is to have many HTML forms, one for each submission, and put the
method="foo" into a hidden.
This is not always possible, if you need nesting.

--- Tim Clotworthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is really a simple aside, but is there a way to
> have the text
> (label) of the button appear different that the
> value of the submit, and
> if so, how does one do it? Thanks.

type="com.waca.nec.consumer.actions.StoreProductDispatchAction"

type="com.hotapp.fes.presentation.support.action.FESSupportOrgDispatchAc
> parameter="submit">
> path="/fes/jsp/FESSupportOrgTable.jsp"/>

> I wonder if my
> > resource
> the button on the form
> > > appears
> (obviously red flag
> > something
> > > is
> properties file. How can I
> > > check
> in the resource
> > bundle,
> > > or,
> being found at all?

> Request[/SupportOrgDispatchAction]
> > > does

org.apache.struts.actions.LookupDispatchAction.execute(LookupDispatchAct

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestPr

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1420)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:520)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)

=== message truncated ===