From: Tim Clotworthy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 5:00 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: LookupDispatchAction problem

Thanks, but I switch it to method, and same error occurs.

Again, I wonder if my problem is related to my resource bundle, not being
able to find it, etc. How can I simply diagnose that the tag <bean:message
key="button.add" /> is being processed properly by the ActionServlet (value
being found, etc.). thanks. Sorry for this going on-and-on. Who knew...

my
> jsp has:

> <bean:message key="button.selectOrgs"/>
>
> (as he suggested, using the default name of submit that corresponds to
the

> <action path="/SupportOrgDispatchAction"

type="com.hotapp.fes.presentation.support.action.FESSupportOrgDispatchAc
> tion" name="SupportOrgForm" parameter="submit">
> <forward name="NextPage" path="/fes/jsp/FESSupportOrgTable.jsp"/>
> </action>
>
> and in my action I have:
>
> protected Map getKeyMethodMap() {
>
> Map map = new HashMap();
> map.put("button.selectOrgs", "selectOrgs");
> return map;
> }
>

> But alas, I am still getting an error (below). I wonder if my resource
> bundled is not being read properly, because the button on the form
appears
> with the tag syntax "<bean:message key" (obviously red flag something
is
> wrong), rather than the value from the properties file. How can I
check
> that
> the property button.selectOrgs is being found in the resource bundle,
or,
> for that matter, that the resource bundle is being found at all?
>

> Thanks so much to all.
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Request[/SupportOrgDispatchAction]
does
> not
> contain handler parameter named submit
>       at

org.apache.struts.actions.LookupDispatchAction.execute(LookupDispatchAct
> ion.java:199)
>       at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestPr
> ocessor.java:480)
>       at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
> 274)
>       at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1420)
>       at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:520)
>       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
>       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
>       at

> tionFilterChain.java:247)
>       at

> erChain.java:193)...blah...blah