So, try creating a method called submit where the signature of the method
would match the signature (parameters, return value etc) of

selectOrgs

Regards, Aleksandar.

"Tim Clotworthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
23/07/2003 04:39 PM

        cc:
        Subject:        RE: LookupDispatchAction problem

Thanks to all earnest responses. I still have a problem, but it has
evolved a little. I have simplified the syntax (using husted tip 003),
so that my jsp has:

<bean:message key="button.selectOrgs"/>

(as he suggested, using the default name of submit that corresponds to
the <html:submit> tag, and in my struts-config, I now have:

<action path="/SupportOrgDispatchAction"
type="com.hotapp.fes.presentation.support.action.FESSupportOrgDispatchAc
tion" name="SupportOrgForm" parameter="submit">
<forward name="NextPage" path="/fes/jsp/FESSupportOrgTable.jsp"/>
</action>

and in my action I have:

protected Map getKeyMethodMap() {

Map map = new HashMap();
map.put("button.selectOrgs", "selectOrgs");
return map;
}

But alas, I am still getting an error (below). I wonder if my resource
bundled is not being read properly, because the button on the form
appears with the tag syntax "<bean:message key" (obviously red flag
something is wrong), rather than the value from the properties file. How
can I check that the property button.selectOrgs is being found in the
resource bundle, or, for that matter, that the resource bundle is being
found at all?

Thanks so much to all.

javax.servlet.ServletException: Request[/SupportOrgDispatchAction] does
not contain handler parameter named submit
                 at
org.apache.struts.actions.LookupDispatchAction.execute(LookupDispatchAct
ion.java:199)
                 at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestPr
ocessor.java:480)
                 at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
274)
                 at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1420)
                 at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:520)
                 at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
                 at
                 at
tionFilterChain.java:247)
                 at
erChain.java:193)...blah...blah

path="/pages/choosemonitor.jsp"/>
>       <forward name="add" path="/pages/choosemonitor.jsp"/>
>       <forward name="checkout" path="/pages/contactinfo.jsp"/>
>     </action>
>
> ACTION:
> public class StoreProductDispatchAction extends LookupDispatchAction
{
>                protected Map getKeyMethodMap() {
>                                Map map = new HashMap();
>                                map.put("button.add",
AppConstants.ACTION_KEY_ADD);
>                                map.put("button.checkout",
> AppConstants.ACTION_KEY_CHECK_OUT);
>                                map.put("button.continue.shopping",
> AppConstants.ACTION_KEY_DONT_SAVE);
>                                return map;
>                }
>
>                public ActionForward add(ActionMapping mapping,
ActionForm form,
> HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws
> IOException, ServletException {
>                                //DO STUFF
>                                return
mapping.findForward(AppConstants.ACTION_KEY_ADD);