On 1/14/2010 11:30 AM, Phillip Jones wrote:
> Is it possible/has it happened that  a person using Linux ,Unix or even
> Command line DOS in windows that have 10-20 years experience is capable
> of making a mistakes and wiping out their drive they are working from?

Yes :(

I was used to setting
        alias rm='rm -i'
but I was working at a location other than my usual.  I entered
        rm *
Quickly realizing what I had done, I then entered
        CTRL-C
But it was too late.  I didn't lose all my files, but I lost too many.
Fortunately, all accounts were backed-up daily by the system
administrators.

When I got a shell account on my ISP's Web server in my own address
space, one of the first things I did was
        alias rm='rm -i'
I also did the same for cp and mv.

--
David E. Ross