Phillip Jones wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> So what is "Googel" going to do with your association members' names?
>> Steal their bank accounts?
>
> If Google owns and knows the captcha database,  then it will be easy
> to bypass the captcha and get private information. For example I want
> to be able to put a membership list of the members of the
> association: names, business names, addresses, Phones, emails for the
> members to view. Now because Google owns the best Captcha software
> company there is out there, there now, no secure method of doing so.

You need to explain how you were planning on using a CAPTCHA image on
the association's login page. Does it not already have a user name and a
password assigned to each member? How will a distorted image give Google
the user's password?

I have a site with exactly what you state you want to do. It's for a
club. There is a Members Only portion of the site, and nobody can enter
it without knowing a user's name and individual password. What good
would a CAPTCHA do for a page like that?  Did you ever have to enter a
CAPTCHA value when you log into your bank's pages for your account
details?

If you are *not* using name and password access, it's your fault if the
private information is compromised.

Google, nor any other search engine, cannot access my site.

--
   -bts