Rufus wrote:
Chris Ilias wrote:
On 11-06-13 2:55 PM, Rufus wrote:
Dunno...I was hesitant about 2.0 (in fact, I think I waited until
2.0.something, but I only recall two basic complaints - and most of it
was over the Forms Manager. I feel like I'm reading more for 2.1, and of
wider varieties...and workarounds that have users altering code?
Whassupwiddat?..

Most times, it's better to have actual data. SM2.0 was released on Oct
27, 2009. Here's a link to the archive of this newsgroup from that time.
<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.seamonkey/browse_frm/month/2009-10?start=750&sa=N>

From there, you can go through all the posts made in the first few days
and what the volume of traffic was, and compare it to 2.1.

Maybe it's because that archive starts with the Release Candidate (which
I pretty much ignore - more so after my bad experience with a beta) but
in terms of a final release this latest flurry still seems like it's
trending to the "more", if' it's not there already.

And bear in mind that much of the pre-release chatter was in the development group not this one, so the comparison is really hard to do right.

And since I went and read the release notes and see that PPC support has
been dropped...well...now I can't even test drive 2.1 on the machine I
depend least upon. So I'll sit out for a bit.

I believe you can still use 2.1 in another profile without converting your 2.0 data, but check that before trusting it. And even on Windows I assume you can have another user which is totally independent.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>
  We are not out of the woods yet, but we know the direction and have