d...@kd4e.com schrieb:
So one goes from the Apple-control freaks to the Google careless-
security and spy-on-you-privacy freaks.

Should we look to Palm for hope?

Good joke. Well, HP in that case nowadays, but still.

The only bet is to try and get some mobile vendor to go and actually ship something MeeGo-based. Given the developments there and a reasonably working showcase for outdated hardware ("N900 CE"), it would be doable well enough. The question is just if some vendor does it (I would not bet on Nokia, but there are others out there that might want to escape from the Google oppression they feel with Android).

Still, this is going way too far off topic...

Robert Kaiser

--
Note that any statements of mine - no matter how passionate - are never meant to be offensive but very often as food for thought or possible arguments that we as a community should think about. And most of the time, I even appreciate irony and fun! :)