Sat, 01 Oct 2011 16:56:30 +0300, /Stanimir Stamenkov/:
Sat, 1 Oct 2011 05:41:30 -0700 (PDT), /Ken/:

My problem is that with the upgrade, I no longer am able to find and
delete cookies for localhost nor those for a subdomain such as
text.mydomain.com or joomla.mydomain.com  when testing web site
updates on a local WampServer environment or a test subdomain of one's
web site, this capability is absolutely necessary to be able to delete
specific cookies.

The new Data Manager appears to work fine for me, e.g. selecting
"google.com" in the Domain list I can see all of ".google.com",
".code.google.com", ".groups.google.com", "groups.google.com", etc.
cookies in the right-hand Cookies pane.  I admit I'm still not used
to it and prefer the old UI, however.

BTW, I've just tried the Firefox equivalent of the Data Manager - Permissions Manager <about:permissions> [1] (introduced in Firefox 6 but not exposed as item the UI, yet) and I find it much more friendlier. It reuses the UI for the Password and Cookie Managers - it just opens them with the site/domain filter filled-in conveniently. It also lists sites like "code.google.com" and "google.com" separately.

The other major difference seems that Data Manager lists any site preference stored while Permissions Manager exposes just a few selected. I think this could be just augmented with a "Manage Permissions" button opening dialog pretty much like the Cookie and Password managers.

[1] http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/how-do-i-manage-website-permissions

--
Stanimir