Sat, 1 Oct 2011 05:41:30 -0700 (PDT), /Ken/:

My problem is that with the upgrade, I no longer am able to find and
delete cookies for localhost nor those for a subdomain such as
text.mydomain.com or joomla.mydomain.com  when testing web site
updates on a local WampServer environment or a test subdomain of one's
web site, this capability is absolutely necessary to be able to delete
specific cookies.

The new Data Manager appears to work fine for me, e.g. selecting "google.com" in the Domain list I can see all of ".google.com", ".code.google.com", ".groups.google.com", "groups.google.com", etc. cookies in the right-hand Cookies pane. I admit I'm still not used to it and prefer the old UI, however.

How can I get this functionality added back into SM 2.4+?

Bookmark the following URL:

chrome://communicator/content/permissions/cookieViewer.xul

If you use PrefBar, Custom Buttons or similar extension you could create a button opening it in new window using the following code:

open("chrome://communicator/content/permissions/cookieViewer.xul",
     "SM_COOKIE_MANAGER", "chrome,width=480,height=640,resizable");

--
Stanimir