On 10/1/11 6:56 AM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
> Sat, 1 Oct 2011 05:41:30 -0700 (PDT), /Ken/:
>
>> My problem is that with the upgrade, I no longer am able to find and
>> delete cookies for localhost nor those for a subdomain such as
>> text.mydomain.com or joomla.mydomain.com  when testing web site
>> updates on a local WampServer environment or a test subdomain of one's
>> web site, this capability is absolutely necessary to be able to delete
>> specific cookies.
>
> The new Data Manager appears to work fine for me, e.g. selecting
> "google.com" in the Domain list I can see all of ".google.com",
> ".code.google.com", ".groups.google.com", "groups.google.com", etc.
> cookies in the right-hand Cookies pane.  I admit I'm still not used
> to it and prefer the old UI, however.
>
>> How can I get this functionality added back into SM 2.4+?
>
> Bookmark the following URL:
>
> chrome://communicator/content/permissions/cookieViewer.xul
>
> If you use PrefBar, Custom Buttons or similar extension you could
> create a button opening it in new window using the following code:
>
> open("chrome://communicator/content/permissions/cookieViewer.xul",
>       "SM_COOKIE_MANAGER", "chrome,width=480,height=640,resizable");

Thank you so very much.

I have setup my configuration with a backup copy of cookies.sqlite
called cookies.sqlite.backup (of course).  I launch SeaMonkey via a
script that first deletes cookies.sqlite, then copies
cookies.sqlite.backup to be cookies.sqlite, and finally launches
SeaMonkey.  This way, I have some persistent cookies that do not get
changed by what I do while visiting their Web sites; and I treat all
others as session-only cookies.

Periodically, I need to review the persistent cookies to see if any are
expiring.  This is a pain with Data Manager.  With your script, I can
now scroll through all my cookies without having to keep selecting new
domains.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross