Interviewed by CNN on 20/05/2012 01:10, Libertarian Lilly told the world:
> gjikkl <saul...@netscape.net>  wrote :
>
>> Jean Zebloski wrote:
>>> Why would Seamonkey be chewing up 430 megs of RAM all the time?
>>>
>> Because it makes ineficient use of cache, but works toward that has been
>> initiated and they say will continue to improve over time, for now he
>> have to settle for a FAT SEAMONKEY, that's getting thiner VERY SLOWLY.
>>

> People keep saying to just give it up and use Firefox.
>
> With the interminably slow bookmarks loading in SM, I'm getting to agree with
> them.

Uh? I don't notice that, and I have quite a few bookmarks. The menu just
snaps open.

Anyway, Firefox has been on a diet for the last year. Only it's not
really "Firefox" who is on a diet, but Gecko. Which means that Seamonkey
should reap most of the benefits too.

However, there is a delay between an improvement being announced as
"landed" and it actually showing up in a release version. For instance,
there was recently an announcement of a patch that greatly reduces the
problem of add-ons "leaking" memory. Only, of course, the patch landed
on the *trunk*. Which means that it won't see the light of the day until
Firefox 15, scheduled for August 15 I believe (Current Beta version is
FF 13, Aurora is FF 14). That is, if no serious problems are found with
this patch while undergoing the Aurora and Beta stabilization phases. If
a serious problem is found, this feature might be delayed a bit more.

But it's a Gecko patch, meaning that if FF 15 has it, SM 2.12 (also due
in August) should have it too.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.