Patrick Turner wrote, On 22/08/2014 10:57:
Patrick Turner wrote:

The whole idea of WYSIWYG is to allow SIMPLE
minded ppl like myself to make a SIMPLE website
The whole idea of WYSIWYG is to save you having to think.  Fine, if that
is what you want, then go with it.  For myself, if there is no
intellectual value in an exercise, then it is pointless.  Each to his own.

Philip Taylor

If I had the time to become an expert at typing up html BY HAND, ie, write te
text, then add all the stuff you don't see behind the text, then I'd agree
there would be some value. But just what Intellectual Value? I don't see this
being the case because the intellectual value is in the text, about the subject
you wish to involve your mind, and applying html coding is mere donkey work
which has been successfully computerized since the Internet began, so much so
that I do not have to apply html to all my emails and since 2001 when I bought
a PV and learnt to type, not one email was Pharqued Up by some mistake in html.
Of all the wonders, automatic html ranks amoung the greats.

It is because I never stop thinking about 1,001 things with so many questions I
ask of my mind that I don't have time to be a html donkey.

I found out yesterday that if I type up a webpage in MS Word, I can save it as
a web page and that seems to so a better job than SeaMonkey, although MS
Nerdarians have made it difficult to suit bloaks like me who LIKE SIMPLE STUFF
and who merely want a website page to be like a page in a well produced text
book of 1960, often written by much finer minds than your OR mine.

So stay with MS Word and Internet Explorer ... Because they are well suited - Don't waste your time with SeaMonkey and Compose a Site "Perfect with Internet Explorer ONLY" .... don't try to compose a Site well suited for ALL browsers.