Ray_Net pounded out :
Patrick Turner wrote, On 22/08/2014 10:57:
Patrick Turner wrote:

The whole idea of WYSIWYG is to allow SIMPLE
minded ppl like myself to make a SIMPLE website
The whole idea of WYSIWYG is to save you having to think.  Fine, if that
is what you want, then go with it.  For myself, if there is no
intellectual value in an exercise, then it is pointless.  Each to his
own.

Philip Taylor

If I had the time to become an expert at typing up html BY HAND, ie,
write te text, then add all the stuff you don't see behind the text,
then I'd agree there would be some value. But just what Intellectual
Value? I don't see this being the case because the intellectual value
is in the text, about the subject you wish to involve your mind, and
applying html coding is mere donkey work which has been successfully
computerized since the Internet began, so much so that I do not have
to apply html to all my emails and since 2001 when I bought a PV and
learnt to type, not one email was Pharqued Up by some mistake in html.
Of all the wonders, automatic html ranks amoung the greats.

It is because I never stop thinking about 1,001 things with so many
questions I ask of my mind that I don't have time to be a html donkey.

I found out yesterday that if I type up a webpage in MS Word, I can
save it as a web page and that seems to so a better job than
SeaMonkey, although MS Nerdarians have made it difficult to suit
bloaks like me who LIKE SIMPLE STUFF and who merely want a website
page to be like a page in a well produced text book of 1960, often
written by much finer minds than your OR mine.

So stay with MS Word and Internet Explorer ... Because they are well
suited - Don't waste your time with SeaMonkey and Compose a Site
"Perfect with Internet Explorer ONLY" .... don't try to compose a Site
well suited for ALL browsers.

NO!!! You didn't just tell someone to compose Web pages using MS Word, did you???!!! Jesus!

Oh, wait ... maybe you were being facetious?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/