Larry S. wrote:

Thank you, Walt. The actual files are on my wife's Windows 10 computer
(can't find such a thing as Control Panel). In any case, it's odd that
some of the files do have suffixes, and others (including these) do not.
We had to look at the contents to determine what they were.

It is not in the control panel. It is in explorer and I told you elsewhere in the thread "View > Options > Folder Options > View" and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"

<http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/Win10HiddenFiles>

A stupid default that has tripped up more people over the years.

--
Take care,

Jonathan