Paul B. Gallagher wrote, on 11 Oct 16 00:21:

Windows 2000 was released February 17, 2000, and Windows XP was released
October 25, 2001. So XP is approaching its 15th birthday. Computer years
are like dog years (7:1), so that means it's like a 105-year-old human
being. Even my Win7 at six (42) is starting to look long in the tooth.
It still runs, but...

When I buy computer hardware, I do so with the expectation that it will
be obsolete in five years (like a 35-year-old human athlete).

Well, XP may be an old dog by now, but actually it's still quite satisfactory for my needs. I'm only migrating to W7 because, nowadays, many programs don't support (or even work with) XP, so "the writing is on the wall"...

I got and installed a valid copy of W10 JIC, while the getting was good (and free), but have no intention of using it in the foreseeable future: I hope W7 will 'live' for many dog years more...

--
Thanks beforehand for your attention, and I hope to hear from you soon.

s) Alexander Yudenitsch   <ale...@postpro.net>