mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote, on 11 Oct 16 17:30:

Alexander Yudenitsch wrote:

A happy coincidence that you decided to do so, since I already had
the intention of writing you, to ask for details about your migration
of SM from XP to W7 -- but let's leave that for a little later, OK?

I distinctly remember someone on this forum commenting on how he (yes,
it was a 'he', AFAIK) had migrated a profile from XP to W7, and I
thought that was you; well, apparently not...  I did try to find that
message among the hundreds of the 'current' batch but, not remembering
what was the 'nominal' subject, I guess its hopeless.

You can search the archives from this list via Google Groups at
<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.seamonkey>.

Thanks, but I avoid Google Groups if I can; I have signed into them out of necessity, but I imagine I'd have to sign onto this group in order to do a search, and I prefer not to do that.

A couple of recent threads involving moving profiles around are
titled "If I remplace the directory
C:\Users\RZ\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey" and "Installing SM
2.40 and Relations To Different Drive". You may also want to take a
look at <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Moving_your_profile_folder>.

Thanks, again! I did look around a little, and had seen those threads also (and one of them was the one I was referring to, in the text quoted above)

If you have queries about migrating your SeaMonkey profile from one OS
to another, the best thing is to create a new message addressed to this
list / newsgroup with an appropriate subject line. Don't reply to a
message from this thread about a different problem, as some people
ignore threads about things they can't help with or aren't interested
in, so those who might be able to help with that different problem might
not see a reply to a message in this thread.

Of course! Notice that I did say to Paul: "let's leave that for a little later", because I do have the intention of opening another thread for that. I just commented on that because I thought he was the one who had written the messages I had seen about the migration, and thought it was a coincidence that he was the first one to reply.

In fact, my query has two 'prongs': Migrating SM from WinXP to Win7, and saving information from a previous profile to a new one (which I'm sure is a devious and tricky one, since I'm after specific details, and not generic advice, and realize there may not be anyone with such advice available here when I write).

--
Thanks beforehand for your attention, and I hope to hear from you soon.

s) Alexander Yudenitsch   <ale...@postpro.net>