On 07/28/2011 05:25 AM, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
On 07/28/2011 12:35 AM, Paul Doornbusch wrote:
The shock, and potentially the most snake-oil, could be from the
$40,000 for these Galileo speaker cables (poor old Galileo probably
does not even get any royalties from them using his esteemed name):
http://www.synergisticresearch.com/galileo-system/galileo-system-speaker-cable/

this is funny.

 > reviewed here
http://www.avguide.com/review/synergistic-research-galileo-cable-and-interconnect-tas-210

this is sad.

before i could avert my eyes, i saw this critique of a power strip:

“Revisiting Norah Jones’ Come Away with Me revealed the system to have much improved resolution. This in turn yielded far more subtle nuance and tonal color that afforded me much higher cognitive recognition of the lyrics and much deeper emotional connection with the music. I was literally moved to tears“, Rick Becker, Enjoy The Music [...]

"i like bob dylan's "the gaslight tapes", a horrible bootleg, over my dead cheap cd player, 80s run-of-the-mill amplifier and spherical coax speakers with lamp cord. i have stable, reliable emotional connection with the music and absolute cognitive recognition of the lyrics. i'm moving myself to tears by banging my head into a door, repeatedly, until i feel better." -jörn, Whither, sixteen-ton weight, now that we need you most?

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister (VDT)

http://stackingdwarves.net