On 04/13/2012 03:49 AM, Robert Greene wrote:

While the mode of expression is even more emphatic
than my own, RCFA is to my mind right all up
and down the line. Talking about 3rd order is
just castles in the air. As a theoretical mathematician,
I spend most of my life building castles in the air.
But one ought to know that that is what they are!

you know, for every email you guys write about this tired old topic, i have _set up_ and _calibrated_ a higher order ambisonic system, and believe me, that's way more exciting.

can you please stick your heads out the window eventually? it's 2012, bandwidth is ridiculously cheap, storage even more so [1]. there is absolutely no valid argument to be made against very high orders indeed for production and archival. get it in your heads that there is a difference between what the consumer uses and what the production format is. this is what ambisonics is all about: scalability. you get to keep your meridians and your four quad speakers, and everyone can just live happily ever after.

[1] the only thing that's probably even cheaper is opinions.
--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net