On 2017-06-28, Marc Lavallée wrote:

But a 24-channel RPI based solution would be much more difficult to integrate and would still cost over $400, which is about the same price than the uTrack24 [...]

I wasn't aware of that one before now. So I have to fold: you can't beat something like that if it does *half* what it's supposed to. Especially since they promise you can gang them upto four units at a time.

I'd advise a modicum of caution, however. I mean, they never say you can beam all those channels off the thing in real time, they don't talk a whole lot about doing simultaneous A/D and D/A at the same time, and even the fact that you can only get the full 24 channels at a reduced sample rate of 48kHz (only 8 at the full 96kHz one) took a bit of digging. Their customer service, while well-meaning, also doesn't seem to be the most technically minded or most connected to the resident engineer. I couldn't get a clear synch guarantee for the hardware of the like we'd have to have for HOA and/or WFS work. So, there might yet be a devil or two in the details.

But still, you are right. Both the price point and the specs of that thing are *insane*. If they do even *half* of what they claim, there's just no possible way you can beat it by building your own. Even a well-regulated power rail for your converters could eat up half of an amateur's budget. Jesus... :D
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - de...@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-40-3255353, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2