Dear all,

We are working on 3D audio rendering for signals with low sampling
frequency.
As you may know, the HRTFs  are normally measured at the high sampling
frequency, e.g., 48kHz or 44.1kHz. However, the sampling frequency of sound
signals in our application is restricted to 16 kHz. Therefore, to render
this low-frequency (≤8kHz) signal, one straight way is to first downsample
the HRTFs from 48kHz/44.1kHz to 16kHz and then convolve with sound signals.
However, the sound localization performance of the signal rendered with
this approach is greatly decreased, especially elevation perception. To
improve the sound localization performance, I am now wondering whether
there is a certain good method to solve or mitigate this problem in this
scenario.

Any discussion is welcome.

Thanks a lot again.

Best regards,