Hello Jungfeng,

this is a good starting reference for human localisation in rooms:

https://asa.scitation.org/doi/abs/10.1121/1.390163?casa_token=CFvwSHcyaLAAAAAA:bWPPmgMCrq0av1HBq2u_qYarqXatOFggyofiiYVWzguTOLbI3jDLCG65xni64_uMXVKq7setdQ

There are also two further papers by Hartmann on the same topic, which are
linked at the beginning of the one linked above. In general, early reflections
can reinforce the sense of localisation of the sound source, especially if
coming from the same direction (see the conclusions of the paper above). Of
course familiarity with the room (and/or long-term training) will be of help as
well.

Regarding the training, we actually do have a version of the app for iPhones
and cardboard HMDs...if that's what you have, send me your github
username/email address and I'll share the repo with you.

Best
Lorenzo

--
Dr Lorenzo Picinali