I see a pattern ... and I was wondering if any else
does.

The fight between Enviro and Freedom appear to be
disturbingly multiple choice test ... with only "two"
choices.  Full on Enviro .. or Full on Freedom.  With
no "C: None of the above" .. or even blanks to
essay-write your own answers.  Only two candidates on
the ballot.

The full-on enviro dudes .. they want full-on Soviet
Union control of the mass populace.  Therefore, with
freedom, the INDIVIDUAL LOSES.

The full-on "freedom" dudes ... freedom I believe in,
but who are the ones doing the shouting??  THE
CORPORATE GUYS!! As in "FREEDOM TO POLLUTE" "FREEDOM
TO DUMP IN NIMBY (not in my backyard)" So you know
what happens?? If "they" (corporate) wins, we end up
getting crappy air, water, soil.  So you know what??
ONCE AGAIN ... THE INDIVIDUAL LOSES!!!

So let's see ... here's my voting ballot ... (A) ...
THE INDIVIDUAL LOSES .. or (B) ... THE INDIVIDUAL
LOSES.

What kind of choices is that????????????????????

Curtis

--- "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Some advocates of discussion of worldwide-disaster
enviro issues are doing in order to call for some curb
on freedom, or without proper respect for freedom's
value.

So, advocates of freedom develop the idea that all
enviro discussions are just there as a pretext to
attack freedom without regard for its value, and they,
in turn, are sometimes shallow and refuse to
acknowledge the science or need for caution that
science seems to imply.

So, I think the hard innovation will come when we can
figure out a way to get our system to respond better
to pressing worldwide environmental issues, *if*
they're genuine, without sacrificing hegemony of
nations or individuals.  And it would be nice if we
could have a discussion of this and figure it out
sometime before 2414 or whenever.

=====
Get your free newsletter at
http://www.ezinfocenter.com/3122155/NL