--- Matt Golden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
---------------------------------
If claims that Saddam had ties to Al Qaeda were true,
we would be hearing it
from the administration, however even they are not
making these assertions.
The fact that Saddam had WMD is not in dispute,
however we went to war
because we were told by our president that we had
evidence that Saddam
currently has WMD and a Nuclear program, and there for
presented an eminent
threat to America -- a LIE.

We are talking about going to war half way around the
world, killing so far
800 Americans, with over 10,000 wounded... and
countless dead, maimed,
homeless Iraqis... (not to mention over $200 billion
spent when children go
hungry without health care right here in America).  I
for one expect a
higher standard of proof and reason then we got from
this administration.

Bottom line, this war will go down in history as a
tragic mistake.  We may
never be able to recover our standing and moral ground
in the world.  We
will create armies of terrorists that will fight
American interests for
years to come, and we may find that we stand alone in
that fight.