First if it is a lie, then who told it?  Before the war the only one
that was claiming that there was no WMDs was Saddam himself.  Every
other country believed that Iraq had WMDs including France and it wasn't
because the US said so.  It was just a question of what to do about
them.  Remember hind sight is 20/20.

> homeless Iraqis... (not to mention over $200 billion
> spent when children go
> hungry without health care right here in America).  I
> for one expect a
> higher standard of proof and reason then we got from
> this administration.

Yes, let's not mention it because it isn't true!  There are all sorts of
food programs for children in this country and free or low cost health
insurance for children. Any hungry children or ones in need of medical
are in that condition because the parent(s) refuse to ask for help!

> Bottom line, this war will go down in history as a
> tragic mistake.  We may
> never be able to recover our standing and moral ground
> in the world.  We
> will create armies of terrorists that will fight
> American interests for
> years to come, and we may find that we stand alone in
> that fight.

It MAY have been a mistake but it would have BEEN a tragic mistake not
invade Iraq.  It is a bitter pill for everyone, but one that needed to
be
taken.  Here are the facts:  There hasn't been a single terrorist attack
in
the US since 9/11.  There won't be until September or October when they
will
attack to try to insure Kerry is elected like they did in Spain.  If
Kerry
is elected then expect many more attacks because they will believe that
Kerry will not return fire.  If Bush is reelected (which he will be,
because
the trial of Saddam will start just close enough to the elections to put
his
abusive actions on network TV every night and Americans will be so upset

with the things he did that they will forgive Bush everything thing he
has
done before hand) then it will be fairly claim for 4 more years.  They
reason is that terrorist works with the help of state sponsorship.  The
heads of those states want to stay in power.  Bush has proven that they
won't if he has any clue that they are apart of a terrorist attack.

As far as "... stand alone in that fight".  We do stand along, just as
Israel stands along with their fight against terrorism.  Sure we and
others
give them lip service but that is as far as it goes.

That is the terrorism side of the coin.  There is also the oil side.
The
world is at or near peek production and we have used about half of the
world's oil.  The US unstated but clear policy is to use oil from the
rest
of the world first.  Part of the Iraq war was to secure oil rights and
make
sure that mid-east oil continues to flow in our direction.  WWIII is
coming
and it will be over oil at which point every country will stand alone.

Remember nothing is black and white here.  There are no good guys and
just a few really bad guys.  Everyone else is just trying to protect
their countries and most doing it really badly.

I am a fan of Bush, but I don't agree with all of his policies and he
and his people has done some really stupid things.  Things are going to
get bad in the next 10-20 years.  Oil may only be part of the problem.
Weather changes are starting to increase at a rapid pace.  Europe is
looking at an ice age in the next 10-20 years which may not be limited
to Europe.  This isn't some wacko groups saying it.  It is NASA, the
Pentagon, Woods Hole Inst.  Ice ages happen very rapid, ie: it will drop
below freezing and never get much above until it is over.  This will
happen in hours and minutes not months and years.

Have a good day!

--
Darryl Wagoner - WA1GON
Past President - Nashua Area Radio Club