Pedro Quaresma wrote:

> I'd say yes. Definitely yes for me. Original floppies are so easy to find

Easy to find?  Over here, rare games are rare, disks only or not.

> You can get backups everywhere, and most of the times you probably have one
> handy yourself, so why worry? :)

Not the point -- if it's rare, *nobody* has copies.  Which is why I try
to collect them -- to make copies before the software is lost forever.

> >But the game is infinitely more interesting to *play* than it is to look
> >at the manual...?  That is the entire point the manual was created for,
> >right?
>
> No? >:) If it were, Origin could have sold their games with regular paper
> maps and stuff. No trinkets or special editions.

Yes, but you still need the software.  Trinkets are way cool, I agree,
but the software is the entire point they were created in the first
place.  Otherwise they could've just sold books with a little pouch of
stuff attached to each book.  Would we be collecting those if it were
the case?  (hint: no ;-)