On Sun, 20 Jul 2003, Jim Leonard wrote:
> Stephen S. Lee wrote:
>
> > I've never seen a for-sale copy of an Angelsoft game for IBM other than
> > the two that I own, High Stakes and The Mist, which appear to be the most
> > common titles for IBM.  The Mist seems to be particularly common, but that
> > seems to be balanced by much higher demand.
>
> BTW, the IBM version of The Mist is flawed -- there is a typo in one of the
> verb actions you need to perform, so it is impossible to win the game without
> knowing what the typo is!

Well, I was able to solve the game just fine, using the IBM version.  :P

I think I've tried both the Addams solve and the Simon solve, and both of
them work fine on the IBM version of The Mist.  (This assumes that the
Underdogs copy hasn't been tinkered with, though; that's what I was
using.)

Angelsoft games have a picky parser to begin with, so maybe that was the
problem?  Playing guess the verb is never fun.

-- Stephen