Dan Chisarick stated:

>       That's actually another interesting point.  Is an emulator which comes
>"close enough" really good enough?  I've seen some really damn good
>emulators that are works of art, but they're not perfect.

>  I'll play Choplifter with the cannon fire sound just a bit off, or a
>little scratchiness in the already scratchy music of a computer that
>had no tone generator to begin with and be happy.

You mentioned the one game where, for me, emulation isn't quite good
enough.  Choplifter was the first (non-educational) game I convinced
my parents to buy for our //e.  To me, you just don't get the full
experience without the unique sound of the Choplifter disk booting up.
(And mine's gone bad!!!)

--
Lee K. Seitz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]