The FlashIDE is really one useful for placing the assets and timeline
control as you stated.  If you're asking if it automatically writes AS
code for you, I don't believe that it does.  However, there are
shortcuts for simple actions.  The FlashIDE's code interface is highly
regarded as sub par for the purpose of programming.  Those that use the
IDE to build the asset library are usually graphics designers, which
then pass the swf to a programmer that typically uses mtasc to compile
in the code.  Mtasc is much faster and more strict in what it allows to
compile.

Andrei Stebakov wrote:
> Just wondering... I've never tried Flash IDE, would the IDE help to
> generate the ActionScript code like in this tutorial case, or it's
> entirely manually written? So the only need for Flash IDE is the
> timeline and asset management (which is taken care of by swfmill, right)?
>
> Andrew
>

> On 5/19/06, *daniel fischer* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
> wrote:
>
>     "Andrei Stebakov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> (on Fri, 19 May 2006 13:19:09 -0400):
>
>     > Ok, I created the xml file:
>     >
>     > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
>     > <movie width="320" height="240" framerate="30">
>     >  <background color="#ffffff"/>
>     >  <frame>
>     >  <library>
>     >   <clip id="spheres" import="library/spheres.png"/>
>     >  </library>
>     >  </frame>
>     >
>     >  <library>
>     >                <clip import="classes.swf"/>
>     >        </library>
>     >        <frame>
>     >                <call object="Main" method="main"/>
>     >        </frame>
>     > </movie>
>
>     > The code in classes.swf is suppoesed to animate the spheres.png
>     takend from
>     > the assets. I still see the blank window when I launch the resulting
>     > application.swf file. Do I mis-compose the assets in the
>     application.xml?
>
>     apart from that you probably dont want two libraries and frames,
>     the swfml looks alright. could you post your main class too, plz?
>
>     -dan
>
>     --
>     http://0xDF.com/
>     http://iterative.org/