Great!  Is there anything that I should do before the 18th when the
mentoring organizations are accepted (assuming you get to reply by
then :) ).  Google does not have the information on applying up yet,
so I am not exactly sure what I will need.  From what I've read an
various websites linked to on the main gsoc page, I will need some
kind of application for the idea, as well as some kind of a résumé.

Also, some sites that I have looked at recommend proposing a couple of
ideas.  Would you recommend that?  There is little on the ideas page
that I would feel qualified doing, as most of it involves higher math
than I have taken yet.  There are some that I could do (such as Maple
integration, as I own Maple and am somewhat decent with it), but the
differential equation one looks the most interesting and fun to me by
far.  I am also currently taking Basic Concepts of Math (352),
Discrete Math and Formal Logic (221), and Vector Analysis (332), and
have taken up to Calc. 3, if you think I missed something.

Lastly, some sites mentioned that some mentoring organizations require
a timeline.  Will you be wanting that?  Like I said, with this
project, I could do a lot or a little and still add useful code to the
project, and I really have no idea how long any of this will take for
me to code.  And depending on how I do it, I could complete different
amounts of things.  For example, I could focus on different methods of
substitution that convert a differential equation into a type that can
be solved, or I could focus on implementing as many different distinct
types of differential equations as possible.

Oh, and I seem to have made a typo in my last post.  I meant to type
a*y''+b*y'+c*y=0 (although technically the kind I typed in should be
currently solvable, assuming the sympy expression matcher recognizes
it as -a/c*y''+0*y'-b/c*y=0. )